Working with partners across industry, government and the research community, the NQCC will create the necessary R&D capabilities through coordination and delivery of a technical programme, alongside the commissioning and operation of new facilities, to deliver assured quantum computing capability, enabling the UK to remain internationally competitive.
The strategic intent is:
- To establish a UK trusted authority
- To create UK sovereign capability
- To promote and drive quantum computing within the UK economy
- To catalyse the UK supply chain delivery into the emerging quantum computing sector
- To establish a focus for the rapid development of quantum computing in the UK
- To create a landmark facility on the Harwell campus
The strategic intent document (PDF, 3 MB) provides information on where the NQCC sits in the quantum landscape, and how it intends to build quantum readiness in the UK.
A quantum-ready economy is one that can take advantage of the opportunities presented by quantum computing to generate and retain value across the economy to achieve societal benefits, prosperity, and security.